Qhubeka uses bicycles to move communities forward. We partner with the community, public sector, private sector, and non-profit organisations to develop our programmes, which focus on providing people with bicycles in return for working to improve their community, environment or school attendance.
Qhubeka is looking for a Programme Administrator, based in Cape Town, to oversee and administer all programme related activities in the Western Cape.
Main tasks include:
- Coordinate and facilitate the successful acquisition of new implementation partners and the effective management of existing implementation partners.
- Draft, complete and update all MoUs relating to programme activities with all new and existing implementation partners.
- Plan and implement the successful deployment of the Western Cape Detailed Implementation Plan (DIP)
- Regularly monitor programme progress against DIP and MoUs, and adapt the DIP accordingly.
- Manage all day-to-day operational aspects of all the SHIFT programmes in the Western Cape
- Manage the contracted team to effectively run pre-distribution cycling safety and maintenance training.
- Mange the contracted team to effectively run distribution events (#newbikedays).
- Work closely with other Qhubeka departments and implementing partners to host VIP #newbikedays and other funding partner related activations.
- Work closely with the Qhubeka Channel Officer to effectively set up the required mechanic training programme for all delivered bicycles.
- Monitor and evaluate the performance of all implementation partners, ensuring all responsibilities, as laid out in the MoU, are successfully achieved.
- Manage and track programme budget
- Work with the Advocacy and Research and M&E team to allow for sound research and input into programme design and new implementations and to allow them to effectively monitor and evaluate all programmes.
- Establish a clear communications plan within the team i.e. finance and logistics, client relations, events and communications
- Set up regular meetings with all implementation partners
- Attend regular Qhubeka team meeting and progamme specific meetings
- Attend meetings, as necessary, with Western Cape Regional Manager to facilitate new partnerships
Qualified applicants will have:
- Degree in Education, Public Health, Organisational Development or related fields
- Full Project life cycle management skills
- Experience working in programme management i.e. contracts, log frames, theory of change, etc.
- Flexibility and ability to work in a multi-cultural environment is required
- Experience in working in the non-profit sector in South Africa
- Fluent English and one other South African language
- Computer skills (Microsoft Office, MS Project, Advanced Excel)