Annie and Geoff David took on the 2014 Absa Cape Epic for Qhubeka. A husband and wife team racing the Epic for the first time together (Annie;s first time ever, while Geoff has done one Epic before), they described the race as “absolutely amazing” and said they’d do it again without stopping to think twice.
Here are their reflections on their race:
- Favourite moment: definitely the start of the race every day on the start line; the excitement of everybody and the motivational comments from the spectators.
- The toughest stage: Stage 5… yes the Queen Stage!
- Things that surprised us: How busy each day was. We’d go from finishing the stage to cleaning the bikes, massage, eat, sleep. There was no time to even call home!
- Results: 292 overall, 16th mixed team overall.
- Final thoughts: Thank you for the opportunity to be associated with Qhubeka. Keep up the good work!
If you’d like to help Annie and Geoff to continue to raise funds for Qhubeka, make a donation on their GiveGain profile.