Job Title: Technical Channel Manager and Trainer
Purpose of the job:
To maintain up-to-date knowledge of the performance of Buffalo Bicycles’ product in the field, to conduct all field mechanic training, to monitor quality of the Buffalo Bicycle assembly processes and manage after-sales of bicycles and spares parts to customers and clients in-field.
Reports to Program Manager and Global Product Development Manager.
Field monitoring and research
- Respond to and resolve technical issues raised by customers in the field either through telephone or in-field visits.
- Investigate issues that arise in the field, document and assist in the development and implementation of solutions.
- Develop and maintain detailed knowledge base of how World Bicycle Relief (WBR) products are used and maintained in the field and provide useful feedback to product development staff through regular field visits generating bicycle quality monitoring reports.
- Cooperate with M&E Officer in collecting customer insights and market research data.
- Assist in efforts to market products in the field and to dealers.
- Conduct regular assembly quality audits of assembled bicycles at designated assembly facility.
- Assist in resolving and communicating technical issues related to bicycle quality and assembly.
Field mechanic training
- Assist in the set-up of successful training sessions and the development of effective training materials.
- Conduct all field mechanic training.
- As needed, support and monitor trained mechanics either by phone communication or in-person visits.
Sales and customer relationship
- Establish, develop and maintain business relationships with current customers and prospective customers in the assigned territory/market segment to generate new business for the organisation’s products/services in-field.
- Develop clear and effective written proposals/quotations for current and prospective customers.
- Expedites the resolution of customer problems and complaints.
- Monitor spare parts pricing and update re-sellers.
Skills and personal attributes:
- Communicate internationally using MS Office programs, e-mail, phone, photographs, and drawings.
- Maintain detailed records using MS Excel spreadsheets.
- Excellent in English, Zulu, Sotho and Tsonga languages and inter-personal skills.
- Organise and execute independent trips to the field to acquire knowledge and conduct trainings.
- Ability to travel extensively to manage and promote sales to infield customers.
- Interpersonal skills – maintain confidentiality; remain open to others’ ideas; demonstrate patience and willingness to try new things.
- Adaptability – enthusiastically adapt to changes in the work environment.
- Dependability – follow instructions; respond to management direction; communicate frequently; solicit feedback to improve performance.
- Passion for bikes, efficiency and sustainability.
Experience and qualifications
- Matric Certificate
- Driver’s licence
- Mechanical background with associated technical qualification (three years of experience and N6 trade certificate).
- Experience training individuals (one year experience )
- Sales experience (one year experience )
Remuneration Package: 12-month contract at R20 000 per month CTC.
Please submit CV to email@example.com . Closing date for applications is 31 March 2016.