23 August marks the start of the 2014 Vuelta Espana, drawing top cyclists, including Chris Froome (Sky) and Alberto Contador (Tinkoff-Saxo). This year, for the first time, Team MTN-Qhubeka p/b Samsung, Africa’s first Pro Continental cycling team, will also be racing.
The team scored a wildcard entry and intends to use the race as an opportunity to raise awareness and funds for Qhubeka as part of its #BicyclesChangeLives campaign. Launched in January 2014, the campaign run by the team aims to donate funds for 1 100 bicycles for school children in South Africa.
You can assist Team MTN-Qhubeka p/b Samsung in reaching its goal by supporting Qhubeka during the Vuelta Espana. Here are a few ideas:
- Click to tweet this blog post. Help us spread the word.
- Make a donation to the #BicyclesChangeLives project on Given Gain, our secure online donations portal.
- Purchase a Scicon cycle bag. For every 50 bags sold, one Qhubeka Buffalo Bicycle is funded.
- Use our supporters tool kit to:
- Find pics to share on Twitter and Facebook
- Access the embed code to share our donations widget on your blog or website (like the one at the end of this post)
- Get ideas of social media posts you could share
- Find out how to connect with us